Shock Absorbers and Car Suspension Repair
Obviously, having BRAKES
that function properly is something that every driver considers a priority. What you may not be aware of is the critical function that correct suspension plays in vehicle control and braking efficiency.
Your suspension’s function is more than just to make your drive smoother, it is a key system that keeps you safe while driving. Without efficient suspension, your brakes and tyres would not respond as accurately and will decrease driving responsiveness, posing a great safety risk.
Unfortunately when you get your vehicle serviced by lesser mechanics, they mostly focus on your engine and check a few suspension components. Most mechanics don’t have the experience nor the tools to check your vehicles full suspension system.
Therefore we recommend having your suspension checked by a suspension expert at least every 6 months. Highway Auto Suspension has made your life easier by offering a completely free suspension safety check.
When you visit Highway Auto Suspension for a free suspension safety check, your vehicle will be systematically reviewed. Including all underbody suspension components, such as bushes, control arms, shocks and sway bars. Your brakes and tyres will also be strategically reviewed, to see if they need repair. Upon completion you will be supplied with a detailed health report, explaining the current state of your vehicles suspension. Our Technicians will assist you with handy advice to make informed decisions as to your suspension maintenance.
What you get out of a Free Suspension Safety check.
- Check for uneven tyre wear
- Check for any abnormal noises of bumps
- Vehicle heights (make sure vehicle doesn’t have a lean to one side)
- Condition of shock absorbers (make sure they aren’t leaking and control the bounce of the spring)
- Condition of suspension bushes (whether they are cracked, torn or have excessive movement)
- Power steering system (condition of fluid, noisy pump, check for leaks, check drive belt for cracks, condition of hoses)
- Check Tie rod ends, rack ends and ball joints for play/wear
- Check for noises/play in wheel bearings
- Check condition of brake system (pads, discs, shoes, brake fluid)
- General loose component check
Under Vehicle Component Inspection
Our technicians will carefully and intently check every individual suspension component found under your vehicle. Checking for wear and tear as well as any abnormalities. Suspension bushes and shock absorbers are the parts we often inspect and find wear and tear present.
Brake and Wheel Inspection
After checking your under body suspension components, our technicians will go around checking all your wheels and brakes. Ensuring that your tyre treads have no excessive or uneven wear and that your brakes are in safe working condition.
Why and when you should consider a Suspension Safety Check & Inspection:
- 6 Months or 10,000km since your last suspension check
- Uneven or excessive steering pull
- Abnormal noises when driving
- When you drive on smooth roads it feels rough or harsh
- Loud vibrations while driving
- Off centre steering wheel
- Brakes are activating unevenly
- Your vehicle is difficult to control/steer
- You often go off road or on long road trips
- Abnormal noises coming front or rear of vehicle
- Vehicles that constantly carry heavy loads
- Excessive or uneven tyre wear
- Increased braking distance
Book your Free Suspension Safety Check
If your car is due for a service, and you’d like to ensure your vehicle is safe, then call Highway Auto Suspensions on (07) 4926 1303 to book a service, and get a quote to fix any problems with your brakes, steering, Tyres and suspension.
Most popular vehicles for our suspension checkup
- Holden, Honda, Hyuandi
We Fix Common brake and suspension problems be alert to these warning signs:
- A spongy brake pedal.
- A grinding sound when you depress the brake pedal.
- Squealing brakes.
- The car pulling to one side when you brake.
- The brake warning light illuminating.
- Brake fluid level dropping.
- The brake pedal being hard to press.
Contact Us, Find Us, Get a Quote, Make a Booking
About car suspension & mechanical repairs.
Have a look at this sister site.